Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Journey Through Empathy.

You have my blessing, I said, as he put his hand in the hand of the one for whom my soul aches.


I couldn’t hurt him, I thought, my self I can hurt. I can deal with the hurt for a friend’s sake.


I look into their eyes, those who are around me, and I hear their voices, I feel their pain.


I try to take the knife out of them and plunge it into my self. For which many think me insane.


My sanity is questioned indeed, but sanity has no merit when empathy faces your heart.


I hear their wounds, I smell their hurt, I touch the monster that pulls their souls apart.


What do I want? I’m asked. How do I feel? How do I breathe? And why do I know?


I know because my mind reaches out and fails leaving my heart to lead and sense their glow.


Dim, dark, gloomy, somber .... My heart aches and tries to shine a light.


In their darkness they see beauty, in their depth meaning and majestic they perceive their fight.


Pain shines through and pierces me, because their perception doesn’t change the facts.


It haunts my nightmares, makes my soul whither, I feel compelled to act.


Which is why I let go of what I love, of what I want and of what I desire.


As I open my hand and the rope of my love slides, my hands burn. They burn like hell-fire.


I hold on to the unbearable pain and I throw my rope their way to save them with all my force.


I catch them on the brink of the abyss, they yank at the rope and pull me down with no remorse.


As I fall I look up with a smile on my face, I made a difference, I threw the rope.


My heart's content but my mind tortures me. You fool! We’re falling! Is there now hope?


My mind and my heart never speak the same, I listen to them and they torture my soul.


My heart speaks of miracles and love and humanity and how empathy stands above all.


My mind speaks of logic and science and how we are all but doomed to fall.


My heart speaks of doom as a sign to love all things before it arrives.

My mind speaks of self love and one's own desires and drives.


You are stronger than I, confessed my heart, but in your strength a cross must you bear.


What cross speak you of? Asked my mind! Why must I deal with your grief that resides there?


The universe gives the most grief to those who could understand why. My heart thus spoke.
Paradoxes and romanticisms is all you can do! I debunk the universe! My mind thus spoke.


Mind and heart, heart and mind made and push and move me.


To whom do I belong? To whom do I listen? To whom do I bow?


To my heart which gives me empathy and cleanses my soul do I vow?


To my mind which gives me understanding and knowledge do I vow?


I close my eyes as I keep falling through the abyss and the sound of silence talked to me.


I am silence and I shall guide you and teach you to be free.


Through me you may look deep within, and there and only there lies the way.


Many have found themselves in me, you don’t hear me enough in the light of day.


Close your eyes young one and I shall numb your fall.


Deep within look and search only there you’ll find the answer to all.


I listened to the silence for the first time in years and within myself I searched.


On the journey within I found many friends and foes. To friends I bowed and the foes i purged.


My ears is where my journey began, but silence was all I could hear.


Ears, said I, much knowledge have I acquired through you but also much evil that I fear.


The journey continued to my eyes . Eyes, said I, I thank you for showing me which road do I take.


I carried on to my Nose. Nose, said I, I thank you for giving life to every move I make.


My mouth greeted I differently. Oh how much Evil spewed out of you, you malignant thing!


Oh how much I despise your lust for substances and only the best you require like a dirty king!


Only when you say Good do I admire you but even then you say it without ease.


Let me go on my journey you foul beast! My heart must I find and my soul must I release.


When I reached my heart I was frozen with shock and awe.


My mind did I find there hugging my heart like a friend and far far away from a foe.


What do you here? Demanded I to know.


Heart and mind looked at me and pulled me close. Come our friend, let us the road to you show.


They pulled me tight and told me to smile. Hand in hand they loved, hand in hand they hated.


Hand in hand my heart and mind gave me empathy, gave me pain, loved me and never faded.


Who is the my mind’s foe and my mind’s fiend? I asked them passionately.         


Only you create demons. Only you create battles. Only you and empathy.
  


        

No comments:

Post a Comment