Monday, September 4, 2017

My sane search for insanity (Part 2)

"They talk to me," said Eugene Hadel. "they choose me out of all the others."

I liked Eugene, he was a smart fellow, worked for a tech company as a coding expert. His boss started getting suspicious when he started inserting puzzles inside his codes. The boss thought it was a joke at first until Eugene started drawing jigsaw puzzle pieces randomly around his office. He has never been violent all he really needs is a puzzle and he's fine, he's done over 50 in the three months he's been here.

"Do they tell you anything specific?" I asked.

"They said you'll say that, you see you don't understand, only I do." He said.

I've lost count of how many clients of mine used the phrase "Only I understand." it was almost as if a door has been opened in their mind that made them believe that they transcended into a higher level of understanding. I sometimes think that they actually have. I find my self always questioning if what we call insanity is just the next step in evolution. I'm certain if a scientist from our time were to travel just 50 years back and show the scientific prowess that we achieved he might be burned for witchcraft. What my client said next was one of the most interesting things I heard a client say

"You see there is nothing specific, everything is connected it's all all. We're all just one big puzzle, fitting together perfectly without a single hitch. Do you know that the universe is expanding?"

"Wow! Yes I do know that. How is that related?"

"The "universe" isn't expanding at all. it's all just a big puzzle still being put together. And each of those pieces is a puzzle and it goes on and on and on and on. You see people think it's atoms and explosions and physics.... idiots. They're just not listening."

"I'm listening to you, and let me tell you a secret. People don't listen to me either, so how about we make a deal, you listen to me and I listen to you?"

"I would like that he said."

I convinced to take his medicine and participate in some activities with the other patients. But what he said about the universe astounded me, for him to lucidly understand that the universe is expanding and that people attribute it to laws of physics.... I wonder about the depth of his knowledge. I tried to pull it out of him but for the rest of the session he only talked about the puzzle he's doing and how it's nicer to him than the last one he did.

I watch him leave and with him his reality, the clock ticked again and death smiled at me. He reassured me of my sanity as a different reality entered my door......   

No comments:

Post a Comment