Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Masking prejudice

I walk into the class and I see the smile on their face.
But what they don't know is that they're looking at a mutant. 
A monster created by a bias society to appear more acceptable. 
I see their trusting stares and I doubt whether I should hate them or my self? Their prejudice or my acceptance  to wear the mask. 
Prejudice.......... Definitely prejudice 
Prejudice is a horrifying monster which sinks it's claws in the backs of those trying to progress.
Just because they have a specific heritage, something  which they didn't even choose. 
Like being imprisoned by a thought or a ghost. 
Prejudice prevents us from who we can become based on things that has nothing to do with who we are. 
It lurks around every corner,  reflecting the ugliness of human nature. 
An ugliness which nurtures my cynicism and hopelessness. 
And yet I wear the mask....... 
Not to hide my ugliness but to avoid theirs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment